Fluency Plus offers districts a variety of training and professional services designed to increase and/or maintain compliance with current state and Federal guidelines for Exceptional Services. We can help you reach your goals for your school or district.
This two day workshop is designed to provide school personnel with the essential elements required for effectively implementing function-based support for special education students with behavioral concerns.
Typical Attendees: Special Education Personnel including the Special Education Director, School Psychologists, and Behavior Support Personnel.This workshop addresses:
- Accurate completion of Manifestation Determination Reviews (MDRs)
- Completion of multi-model FBAs
- Development of multi-component function-based BIPs
- Compliance and fidelity methods as well as data collection and progress monitoring measures will be addressed.
All information presented will be consistent with federal and state department guidelines for the accurate completion of MDRs, FBAs, and BIPs.
Special Education Discipline Procedures for Students with Exceptionalities
Fluency Plus, LLC personnel work collaboratively with district personnel to develop or revise a Special Education Discipline Manual that includes policies and procedures for effectively addressing the disciplinary concerns of student ruled eligible for special education services consistent with federal and state regulations.
Typical attendees: Special Education personnel including Special Education Directors, School Psychologists, Behavior Specialists, and other behavioral support personnel (e.g., School Social Workers, mental health providers, etc.).At a minimum, the manual will address the following:
- Development of a Continuum of Behavioral Supports for identified students exhibiting academic and/or behavioral concerns
- Provision of empirically-based and evidence-based behavioral supports
- Development, review, and revision of IEPs to address behavioral concerns
- Provision of related services to address behavioral concerns
- Conducting defensible Manifestation Determination Reviews
- Conducting multi-method FBAs
- Developing multi-component behavior contracts and BIPs
- Incorporating alternatives to suspension and restorative discipline techniques into behavior plans
- Methods of progress monitoring
- Methods for evaluating compliance and fidelity
- In addition, Fluency Plus, LLC personnel will work collaboratively with school personnel to develop appropriate forms to effectively document compliance with federal and state regulations.
Special Education Check-up
Fluency Plus, LLC personnel work collaboratively with special education personnel to review compliance, implementation, and documentation of FBAs, BIPs, MDRs, and behavioral sections of IEPs (e.g., annual behavioral, social emotional goals and short-term instructional objectives/benchmarks, behavioral supports and related services) using protocols and checklists.
The data and then aggregated to identify strengths and areas of need. Direct training and professional consultation are provided to special education personnel to address areas of concern.
Typical attendees: Special Education Personnel including the Special Education Director, School Psychologists, and Behavior Support Personnel.
Alternative Education Policies and Procedures
Fluency Plus, LLC personnel work collaboratively with school personnel to address the academic and behavioral needs of students placed in alternative education settings.
Typical Attendees: School personnel including school-based administrators, alternative education administrator, behavior support personnel, and faculty in the alternative education setting.Fluency Plus, LLC and school personnel work closely together to develop a guidebook or manual to address the following as required by federal and state regulations:
- Due Process Procedures
- MDR Procedures
- Provision of research-based academic and behavioral supports prior to placement in an alternative setting
- Compliance and fidelity of academic and behavioral supports prior to and during placement in the alternative setting
- Student progress monitoring data prior to and during placement in the alternative setting
- Completion of FBAs and development of BIPs
- Development of Individualized Instruction Plans (IIPs)
- Revision to IEPs for students with exceptionalities
- Transition procedures including data-based decision making guidelines for exit and re-entry into the traditional school environments